Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Beginning

 Picking a plot and writing a film is one of the most overlooked aspects of film making. This process is essential to a good film, since a strong story means for a good film. Many story writers have different techniques for making a film, but mine was very simple.
 I first decided to make the main character. I have come up with an 18 year old name Lucif Kiel. He is not your ordinary 18 year old. Lucif suffers from schizophrenia, or at least thats what his doctor told him. Randomly, his mind is taken over by some force and he isn't able to recognize what is real, which sometimes results in him hurting or even killing others.
 Now that I have my main character and I have an issue that the main character needs to overcome, my story will now come to me smoothly. I will now have to come up with the rest of the story which will take a couple of days, but I'm not going to release to much information. Don't want to ruin the story for you.
 
One movie where the main character suffers from schizophrenia is "American Psycho" which stares Christian Bale. To learn some some things to include in my film, I am going to watch this film in great depth and analyze the shots and techniques they used to help convey the main characters problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment