Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Copyright Music

 Early this week, I was watching an interview with one of my favorite directors Quentin Tarantino on the Howard Stern Show. Mr.Tarantino said that he loves music and music plays a key role in all his film. He said that each song is put in at certain moments and each song has a certain meaning which is why it is meticulously put in each scene.
 I feel very strongly toward this way of film making. For the beginning of my film, I wanted to use the song "I want to set the world on fire" by the Ink Spots. Of course, this song is copyrighted and I need to get permission to use it. So, what I did was a first did research to find what music group owns the rights to the song. Since the song is an older song, it was very tricky to find who has the rights. So I took a shot in the dark and emailed Universal Music Group and two days later, got a reply.











I have sent an email to all the emails provided and if I don't get a reply in about two days, I will then call the numbers provided. If we are unable to reach an agreement, I will either have to find another song or make my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment